Monday, May 17, 2010

Date Night


My wife is from the Chicago area and most all of her family still lives in the Midwest, so when they come out to California it's a pretty big deal. This weekend Megan's parents and her Uncle Bill and Aunt Ellen were up in Santa Barbara for a couple days of wine tasting and relaxing. I had to work so I couldn't go, but Megan made the drive and had a blast.

She was only gone a couple of days so it was no big deal, but I was out of town last weekend, she was gone this weekend and will be again next weekend. All of a sudden it's a month of Sunday's since we've had a date night and that does seem like a big deal. So after she got home and I played my soccer game, I took her on a date to the movies.

Popcorn, M&M's and an action flick. We saw Iron Man 2, which was pretty good. I think I still liked the first one a little better but this one was worth the $23 to see it on the big screen. More importantly it was just fun to get off the couch and have a high school style date.

One piece of advice for you if you do go see Iron Man 2...wait until the end of the credits to leave. About half of our theater got up and left and they missed a little extra at the end.

Don't say I never did anything for you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy! Watching the Tiny House show on Netflix. We met at one of the airport bars in SD a few years ago and talked tiny houses. Glad to see you're doing well! - Matt

    ReplyDelete