Sunday, May 30, 2010

Let's Ride

riding bikes in santa barbara
Growing up in Coronado meant growing up on a bike. I know everyone rides a bike when they're younger, but in Coronado you don't stop riding bikes just because you're old enough to drive. Why would you...the island's only so big.

So for me, going to college in Santa Barbara (where the bikes out number the cars) was a natural fit. And it's not just on campus where the bike riding in prevalent, most hotels downtown include bikes as a complimentary perk for staying at their establishment. Kind of like the continental breakfast at a Holiday Inn.

Megan and I are in SB this weekend for my buddy Vijay's wedding and you better believe we hit the bike lane yesterday in search of a late afternoon snack. I don't know what it is about bikes but they definitely make outings a lot more fun...and in our case, even made the food taste better.

1 comment: