Monday, May 31, 2010

What Are the Chances?!?!

seersucker suits
When you live on the West Coast there are only so many opportunities to wear a seersucker suit...a Memorial Day wedding in Santa Barbara at the Montecito Country Club is definitely high on the list. The thing about seersucker is, when you wear it, you are making a statement. What exactly that statement is can be up for interpretation. In my case I think the statement was, "Hey everybody look at me, I'm in seersucker! Awesome, right?"

Well the other thing about seersucker is, making it work is not unlike telling a good joke...you're better off if someone else at the party isn't telling the same joke. It really gets to be a problem if that "someone else" is sitting at your table...one person away from you.

Welcome to my Sunday evening.

It doesn't matter that half the wedding was in a black suit, if two guys are wearing seersucker in the same area code, those two guys are gonna hear about it. A lot. The good news is that because this was my old college roommates wedding most of my Santa Barbara buddies just let it slide.

Oh wait...no they didn't, they hammered me all night long. It was brutal. Hilarious, but brutal. Really the only thing I had going for me was that I was able to get two desserts. When I came around for seconds and the server gave me that knowing look, I just told her it was the other guy in seersucker who came through the first time.

When life hands you a lemon, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment