Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trend Setter


So what does it take to be a trend setter? A good eye, self confidence, an ability to hold your head high when everyone else is second guessing you? Sure, it takes all those things, but most importantly it takes someone else to follow your trend.

We'll get to that in a moment, but first let me tell you about my trend.

I know what you are thinking...and you're right, those sear-sucker pants I'm wearing are awesome! That however is not the trend I am responsible for...though I am totally on board with it. No, the trend I am bringing to the masses is much more important then sear-sucker pants. Remember a few years ago when Justin Timberlake was "bringing sexy back"? Well I'm bringing backpack back.

Right? Totally rocked your world didn't I. Of course I realize I didn't invent the backpack and I know we all used to wear them in middle school, but since then it's been all about the satchel bag. I think it's time we called a spade a spade...that satchel bag or European carry-all or whatever you want to call it, is really just a murse. That's right, you've been walking around all these years with a man purse.

A backpack just makes a lot more sense. It's better for your body ergonomically, it's way more comfortable and you can fit a lot of stuff in it. No one is saying that a good briefcase isn't fashionable anymore...it is. But you know what else it is...impractical.

Today's man walks around with more then 2 million times the computing power of the Apollo 11 space craft in his bag. While it's' true all that power comes in a handy little laptop computer, you still need space for it. Not to mention all your other gadgets, plus books or manuals or clipboards or whatever. Like I said it just makes sense.

So when I saw my old buddy Ernie Martinez at the ballpark today sporting a backpack, I knew right away that this had to be the picture of the day. After all, it's not a trend until someone starts to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment