Thursday, May 20, 2010

When All Else Fails...


Have you ever done something that you instantly regretted? Who am I kidding, of course you have. We all have...and I did it again yesterday.

Without getting into all the gory details or lame excuses, I essentially threw something that hit my co-worker Lorien right in the mouth yesterday...hard enough to draw some blood. Needless to say I immediately felt terrible about it. Obviously it was an accident and something that I couldn't reproduce in 100 years. I mean it would take a whole team of physicist working around the clock for at least a decade to even begin to be able to understand how it actually happened...but the simple fact is, it did happen.

So today I decided to make things right. The one thing I have learned in my years on this planet is that when all else fails...when a, "Sorry about your lip" just won't cut it, and a prat fall just doesn't seem that funny, all you have to do is buy your forgiveness.

Lucky for me Lorien has a sweet tooth the size of Kansas, so a couple of super soft chocolate chip cookies from Pei Wei was all that it cost me. Thank god for milk chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment