Sunday, May 2, 2010

Farmers Market


There are a lot of good things about being married. For me, one of them is eating healthy. My wife Megan has made it her mission to eat fresh, organic, locally grown food whenever she can...and by the transitive property, I do the same.

That's good for a few reasons. First, it's healthy. It also tastes better which is always a plus for me when it comes to food. Go figure, I like things that tastes good. The best thing about it though, or at least the most fun thing about it, is the farmers market.

Megan goes at least once a week...today was my first trip. It's awesome! For one you feel like you're part of a community. Farmers, urbanites, guys with beards, girls with tattoos...we're all there just enjoying the day. They also have a lot of good food...and I know what you're thinking, "Wow, food at a farmers market. Who would of thought of that?" Well I'm picking up on your sarcasm. What I mean is they have a lot of food vendors there in addition to all the farmers with their produce. There were also vendors selling jewlery, glassware, and scarves. They even had live music. I'm telling you, it's the place to be on Sunday.

We went to the Hillcrest Farmers Market, which was good. But according to Megan, the Little Italy Farmers Market on Saturday is the best. For the record she also likes the OB one.

The Farmers Market...who knew?

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahah! So funny to see you're impressed by this kind of stuff! In my country you can find farmers selling their goods next to the road...and you can bet they're fresh, organic and healthy! Come visit me in Italy and you'll have all the fun you want...I'm going wine tasting next week end in the Langhe region (Italy), and we'll be sipping wine in those old winery with all the old guys. Wonna join us?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete