Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tennis Lessons


I got a call from my little sister Debra today. Apparently she's been playing tennis with her boyfriend lately, and now that he is out of town she wanted some super-secret tennis tips. Hey, no one ever said the Weisbarth's weren't competitive.

I wasn't really sure what to expect from her as far as skill level was concerned, but when she said to me on our way to the courts that she didn't know how to keep score, I have to admit I was a little nervous.

Turns out she was sand-bagging.

Sure she thought a set only lasted 3 games and had no idea what a foot fault was, but she can swing it. I gave he a couple of pointers with her footwork and her grip and that was all it took. By the end of our session we were rallying pretty well and I am confident that boyfriend Gary doesn't have a chance now.

Just to be clear though...I did not teach her to pose like that. We're still working on the volleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment