Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fake Birthday Blues


I turn 34 this Saturday but will be out of town on a river rafting trip for my buddy Vijay's bachelor party, so my wife and I decided to celebrate my fake birthday today. The plan was simple, but awesome.

I would get off work at 7, race home to pick up Megan, and then it was off to Phil's BBQ for some ribs and some good company. Maybe a birthday card, probably a gift and that was it. Like I said, simple but awesome.

Of course none of that came to be. Instead of bathing myself in BBQ sauce and coleslaw, I was laid up on the couch all day and all night. I have no idea what happened. First off, I'm the guy that doesn't get sick. I don't know why, I just don't. Good genes I guess. Second of all, I didn't have a fever and my stomach wasn't upset...I was just totally exhausted and achy.

So if my fake birthday is any indication as to how my actual birthday will go, all I can say is that I hope the rafting company has life jackets AND helmets.

No comments:

Post a Comment