Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gringos Unite


Just like people in Ireland really don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day...Cinco de Mayo is much more an excuse for Gringos to get drunk on a Wednesday then it is about Mexican's celebrating a victory over the French at Puebla in 1862.

Still, you're not going to get any complaints from me. I love me some cerveza con limon.

Seeing as I had to work tonight (BTW I recovered nicely from my little bout with exhaustion, thanks for asking), there wasn't any beer in the equations for me. Instead I got to celebrate Cinco de Mayo like a Mexican. Which is to say, I didn't really celebrate at all.

I did however get to pose for this sweet pic with some indigenous people of Mexico...and yes, more then one of those feathers poked me in the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment