Friday, May 28, 2010

No Bad Days


Webster's online dictionary defines a cliche as "something that has become overly familiar or commonplace". For instance, a phrase of some sort...maybe "dead as a doornail", or maybe "no bad days". The thing is, I contend that in most cases these phrases (especially when it comes to sports) become overused because they are true.

Do you know why everyone says that defense wins championships...because it usually does. Do you know what else...you better take it one day at a time, because if you lose concentration on the task at hand, you're going to fail.

Well the same can be said for the surfing cliche of "No bad days". After having not surfed for awhile, I paddled out the last two days and you know what...the waves sucked. It was small, the water was pretty cold and today the wind was blowing. You know what else...I'm so glad I went.

I know it sounds cliche (have you found the theme yet?) but just getting in the ocean makes it totally worth it. The fact that I caught a handful of waves over the past couple of days is just icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment